[AT] Craigslist ads (was Re: Some ads from the 4/17 Lancaster Farming

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:57:56 PDT 2010

I don't really mind the spelling and miss named stuff on Craigslist
and I am still selling stuff on it but the spammers, trolls and
shysters have about ruined it here.
I now say in the ad to respond with full sentences that make sense or
I'll toss the email (most of the foreign spammers use very broken
English). Today some wise guy sent me a response to an ad that said
that with just two words, "still available"... I sent him a one word
response, "yes"... I probably should have said no or just ignored it
all together. They don't want to mess with me, I don't "have" to sell
this stuff...
When I respond to an ad I always try to make it as clear as possible
that I know what they are selling by repeating large parts of their
descriptions but in a different sequence. We just bought a foal and I
used its name, breed and description and the price in my response as
well as why I wanted such a horse. A lot of horse sellers are afraid
of "kill buyers" if they are selling one fairly cheaply.
-
I guess "foal" is the right term for this "baby". She is only 8 months
old but is already 14.2 hands high and probably almost 1,000 pounds.
Today I watched her hop over a 5' wide open ditch as easy as I would
step over a cat. :-) She is a tiny bit bigger than our Hackney horse
and only a little smaller than the 20+ year old quarter horse. She is
a Belgian draft, about half legs, and while they are really long they
are also very stocky. "Rosie" is going to be a very big girl... :-)

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"