[Farmall] (no subject)

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sun Apr 18 08:27:58 PDT 2010

Kevin,
Basic equipment on that tractor included one Hydra-Touch valve.  Two or
three were options.

A couple comments on clutch/TA adjustment:
1) First off, clutch free play is the distance the pedal moves down before
the throwout bearing contacts the fingers.  Based on your description, it
has too little.  You want to increase it, not decrease it.
2) Adjusting that linkage can be tricky.  I have had several good IH
mechanics tell me that they have never been able to adjust one by following
the instructions.  They just "work at it" until it all works.  I suspect
worn linkage causes or at least contributes to this situation.  If the
clutch and TA work, you can shift gears and there is ANY free play, it is
probably best left alone.  (Disclaimer, I've never tried adjusting one
myself.)

Jim Becker