[AT] Demolition

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Fri Apr 9 11:54:37 PDT 2010

    I owned an International 303 combine shortly after I started farming.
This combine was worn out in every way imaginable. I used it for 2 years and
I don't think I ever left the field when nothing was broken. I was combining
beans one night when I heard a chattering sound. I stopped the seperator and
it was still there. I got down out of the cab and climbed up by the engine
just in time for it to throw a rod through the side of the block and start a
fire. Like a dummy, I called the fire department and they extinguished the
fire. Should have just walked away and let it burn. The insurance company
paid for the damage and I installed a 241 truck engine in place of the
original 221 engine. Had lots of power and first time I took it to the
field, it broke the variable speed belt. Just 1 of many more problems. I
would have gleefully watched this machine be destroyed in a derby if they
had them. I traded it off for a 1 year old model 715 IH and was in heaven
with that machine.

                            Gene