[AT] Demolition

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Apr 9 07:54:17 PDT 2010

My neighbor had a small Case combine that he used on his small place and his brother-in-laws smaller place which is across the road from our places.  They did a little bit of wheat or oats each year basically to qualify for some farm tax advantage.

Quite a few years ago they stopped growing and harvesting grain completely and another local farmer is using their fields.

The Case combine sat in his barn for several years and he finally sold it to some guys buying it for the combine destruction derby.

I think it's been in at least 3 if not 4 derbies now.

I hear people complaining about good usable combines being used for destruction derbies,  but those people aren't willing to pay anything to buy the old combines.  I doubt my neighbor got more than $200 for his combine as no one wanted it except the combine destruction guys.  If the old combines had some market value greater than their scrap metal value, they probably wouldn't end up in the derbies.

George