[Farmall] Governor Timing

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Thu Apr 1 17:30:39 PDT 2010

Yes, it is timed.  When the crank is at #1 TDC, a single mark on the crank
gear will be towards the cam shaft.  The cam gear has a single mark that
should be aligned with the mark on the crankshaft.  In the same position,
the cam gear will have a double mark in line with the governor shaft.  The
governor gear has a double mark to align with the other double mark.  If
they are not aligned, you will not be able to set the magneto timing.
Jim Becker