[AT] Case VAC HP

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 08:37:40 PDT 2009

I suspect Gene Dotson knows this as well as anyone if the Dotson clan
didn't burn up all of his information trying to build a bigger
campfire.   ;-)
I was wondering what the HP is supposed to be on my (still a sitting
project) VAC Case so I did a search and every page I looked at had a
different number.  :-)
One page listed a distillate engine as all the same specs including
bore, stroke and compression as a gasoline engine but with the same
HP. That didn't seem logical on the surface. One site listed belt HP
at 16 HP and another listed it as 24 HP. A bit of a difference there.
Another said 20 HP. One site mentioned a HP increase during
production.
How successful was the little VAC generally with a 2 x 14" plow in
average soils? I won't be plowing a bunch of ground with it, just
curious. I have the mounted plow hitch (not three point or Eagle) but
not the plow. I suppose that most of those plows were either 1 x 16"
or 2 x 12".

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson