[AT] Pole building value

Mark Greer markagreer at embarqmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:44:32 PDT 2009

If you have a farm newspaper (they are usually a weekly publication) of some
sort in your area you should be able to find all sorts of ads for buildings.
Also check the local lumberyards as many offer package deals on smaller
ag-type buildings like this. Here in NE Ohio we have the Farm and Dairy and
Firelands Farmer newspapers. Mike Sloane sends us the classifieds each week
from the Lancaster Farming paper which I'm sure has all sorts of barn
builders' ads. You can normally find papers like these at places like
Tractor Supply, Agway, feed mills, tack shops, tractor dealers, etc. Most
areas have a local freebie weekly "pennysaver" type of paper with classified
ads and you'll normally find ads for pole barns in them too. Look around at
pole barns in your area and see what the manufacturers name on them is and
call them and ask them what the current price is for a 30x40. In this week's
Farm and Dairy there is an ad from National Barn Company
www.nationalbarn.com for a 30x40x10 with 1 overhead door and one service
door for $9600 which includes materials, delivery, and construction . Add a
few grand for water and electric and a few grand for a concrete floor and
you are probably looking at $15-$16,000 for a new one here in NE Ohio.
Mark