[AT] Pole building value

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Fri Sep 25 07:37:17 PDT 2009

Lots of good comments from the other posters.  I put up a 30x40x12 with a 12' shed down the long side
two years ago.  My location requires outbuilding construction in compliance with BOCA code, so I had
to get out my wallet.  This one uses Morton-style laminated posts attached to the floor with steel
brackets, two 12x12 slider doors, walk door, five windows, two dutch doors into the shed, 20"x60"
footing pillars under each post, water and sewer, 36" frost wall under the slab around the bathroom,
200 amp electric, etc.  In other words, much more than a standard pole barn with a poured floor.
It cost just under $23k to get it finished to the point that the building inspector would sign off.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416