[Farmall] Super A engine trouble...

dglass dglass at numail.org
Fri Sep 18 10:27:43 PDT 2009

I agree, but I have also had the rings stick and give low readings or
carbon under a valve keeping it from closing tightly. I agree that
overhaul in a can is black magic but I have had luck with it a couple of
times and the possible reward is much greater than the cost.  I am not
saying it will cure all your problems, but as one effort prior to
scraping an otherwise good tractor I think it is a good option.  I have
found, however, that Champion D21's are a miracle for old farmalls.