[AT] Different TO-20

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:35:26 PDT 2009

I'm doing a little surfing while I sit out what I expect to be another
couple of days of a presumed severe gout attack in my left knee. I ran
across this TO-20.
http://medford-oregon.olx.com/antique-ferguson-to-20-tractor-iid-3807356
While I have seen a lot of 9N's and 2N's painted like an 8N (or the
blue and gray ones) and my father and I years ago (I was not a
collector then) painted our TO-20 to match our MF-165 I don't recall
seeing a TO-20 painted like an 8N. I also noticed that this one does
not have the original front wheels  (neither does my Allis C but that
is another story). The thing that really jumped out at me though was
the aftermarket front bumper. I tried to buy one like that recently at
auction but it went too high. I knew though that if I bought it I
would have to modify it to use it on my TO-20. As that tractor sits
you cannot get the hood open far enough for fueling and especially to
service the radiator...
I know of a place where I might be able to buy an original Ferguson
bumper with the little cut-out to clear the grill when the hood is
open. I need to wait for some $$$ to appear first. :-)
As son Scott likes to say: " I could have bought the one at auction if
the other guy had not kept bidding"...  ;-)

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"