[Farmall] New '47 H

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Tue Sep 8 04:31:10 PDT 2009

I picked up a 1947 H this weekend. Had to drive it home since I couldn't
borrow or rent a trailer that could carry it. PO had the rear tires filled
with calcium chloride and a set of weights mounted. Said it weighed in at
about 4200 pounds. About a 45 mile ride, resulting in a 3 hr tour of the
backroads. Ran fine, oil pressure stayed right in the middle of the gauge
and the temp gauge didn't show any signs of it getting over heated. One
minor leak I noted after it sat for a day. Looks like the seal on the belt
pulley might need to be replaced. When my wife was sitting in the driver's
seat giving it the once over, I turned the belt pulley by hand to look it
over and noticed a small puddle of oil on the cement. I'll have to call my
normal parts supplier and see what a seal is going to run.

Now I need to start looking for a front end loader to mount on it. Can
anybody provide some insight into what it's going to take to mount one.
I've got a pretty good idea of what's involved, but then this is my first
H and I don't want to pick something up that I can't use or have to go
find other missing parts for it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.