[AT] Portland!

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 06:52:56 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Ken Knierim<ken.knierim at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to thank everyone I had a chance to meet at Portland. I would have
> liked to spend more time there but was at the mercy of a 2-year-old's
> attention span and my wife's schedule. Now that I have a feeling for what to
> expect, I have already made a vow to travel back there for a longer period
> (maybe when the young lad is a little older or when he stays home with Mom)
> so I can spend more time and maybe make some shim stock around the "Dotson
> Inferno". I would have liked to spent more time there but it wasn't in the
> cards for this trip.
>
> The amount of work that goes into a show like that has to be incredible and
> I really appreciate it. The show had to be large enough to be seen from
> space. I could never cover all of the show but I'd like to at least explore
> the full extents of it next time. And now I understand why the butt-buggy
> craze warrants so much discussion. This show would easily overwhelm a
> teenager on Red Bull. :)
>
> So, many thanks go to Gene, Larry, Steve, Paul and others that I met there
> and anyone involved in putting this together. It was a great time and
> something I really want to do more and better.
>
> Ken in AZ

Hi Ken:
I'm sorry that I missed you at Portland. I missed a number of people
at Portland this year. I don't know where the time went. I took my
tractors and implements up Wednesday and went back with the travel
trailer Thursday. By the time I got there Thursday I was pretty tired
from the previous week and some truck problems on Thursday. I must be
getting old...
On Friday Son Scott came up fairly early and we covered the whole
swap/parts area which pretty well wore me down for that day. My back
was being most uncooperative. Saturday Diana wanted to cover the yard
sales all over town and that shot most of Saturday and I was getting
so tired we decided to make the trip home Saturday evening with the
travel trailer. (it is only about 100 miles). We usually wait until
Sunday but I wanted to get everything home in case the backup truck
fizzled and I had to call on Scott for help. Sunday we went back for
the tractors and imps.
We had to deal with a lot of extra crap during the 2 weeks before
Portland and I was not nearly as prepared for the show as I like to be
and was a little frayed out before we started getting ready. Maybe
next year...
Getting old is such a hoot...   :-)
I was going to unload the trailer yesterday but that didn't happen
yet. Dang lazy elves.  :-)   I did get some horse fence changed. We
are waiting for the supposedly already sent check from the insurance
company so we can replace the storm damaged roof on the rental house.
You are right that the tractor club folks do a truly remarkable job on
the show and the amount of work involved for most of them is huge
especially when you remember that nobody gets paid for it...

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"