[AT] Portland!

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 07:34:40 PDT 2009

I wanted to thank everyone I had a chance to meet at Portland. I would have
liked to spend more time there but was at the mercy of a 2-year-old's
attention span and my wife's schedule. Now that I have a feeling for what to
expect, I have already made a vow to travel back there for a longer period
(maybe when the young lad is a little older or when he stays home with Mom)
so I can spend more time and maybe make some shim stock around the "Dotson
Inferno". I would have liked to spent more time there but it wasn't in the
cards for this trip.

The amount of work that goes into a show like that has to be incredible and
I really appreciate it. The show had to be large enough to be seen from
space. I could never cover all of the show but I'd like to at least explore
the full extents of it next time. And now I understand why the butt-buggy
craze warrants so much discussion. This show would easily overwhelm a
teenager on Red Bull. :)

So, many thanks go to Gene, Larry, Steve, Paul and others that I met there
and anyone involved in putting this together. It was a great time and
something I really want to do more and better.

Ken in AZ