[AT] Air lines, now Water Lines

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sat Oct 17 07:49:29 PDT 2009

Charlie---the only problem we have had with the polyethylene pipe buried is
gophers. They will chew holes in it.

About 35 years ago we removed all the galvanized pipe from this house and
replaced it with CPVC on both hot and cold. Later after an addition on the
east end of the house we used the gray poly pipe with crimp fittings (this
Is the pipe that has given all the problems with leaky fittings etc.) So far
we have had no problems with the gray pipe or fittings. Our next addition
was another bath room that we did with PEX ( the local hardware store loaned
us the crimping tool. )  My latest plumbing was to hook up the water line to
my wife's new clothes dryer.  Used PEX with Sharkbite fittings.

Son David built a new house about 15 years ago that was plumbed with gray
pipe. As part of the class action settlement they re-did his house with PEX
color coded and all Sharkbite fillings.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA