[AT] A question for the electrical wizards: now tools

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Oct 30 04:21:53 PDT 2009

I very rarely use a breaker bar anymore, especially on blade bolts/nuts.
Anything that takes that kind of effort is done much easier and quicker
with an air (or electric) impact wrench. Just yesterday, I had to remove
the top of the housing from a 3 ton "bottle" jack, It took longer to get
out the 2-1/8" socket and put it on the air wrench than it took to spin
the top off. Also, I seem to have fewer broken studs and bolts when I
use the impact tool then when I used a breaker bar. My purchase of a
1/2" and 3/4" impact wrenches have been some of the best of all my
tools. And, for the weekend/shade-tree mechanic, you don't need to buy
the fancy Snap-On tools - the less expensive ones will do fine for
occasional use.

Just my opinion,

Mike