[AT] A question for the electrical wizards: now tools

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Fri Oct 30 04:45:51 PDT 2009

Yes, Roy, it does make sense. Harbor Freight has a set with the ratchet
and breaker bar for about $50, less if you can catch them "on sale".
I bought a set several years ago to break loose the rear wheel clamp bolts
on my Farmall M. Worked real well with a good long cheater. :o)

Phil

--- k1lky at earthlink.net wrote:

From: Roy Morgan <k1lky at earthlink.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] A question for the electrical wizards: now tools
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:29:59 -0400

On Oct 28, 2009, at 7:28 PM, Paul Waugh wrote:

> I had a similar thing at Sears years ago. Busted 1/2 breaker bar and
> split
> 1" 1/4 socket. She gave me the new ones,

The biggest socket drive implement I have here is a half inch drive
breaker bar 18 inches long (solid bar, swivel end, no ratchet), but I
do now have a 7 foot brush cutter whose blades fasten in with nuts
that are about 1-3/8 size, and I have a '51 IHC W-4 tractor with
various large bolts and nuts.

It seems like a selected set of 3/4 inch drive sockets with a long
breaker bar and a ratchet would be wise.  Does that make sense?

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.