[AT] Trailer safety chains?

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Oct 26 09:11:45 PDT 2009

charliehill wrote:
> Sometimes length varies depending on how the chains attach to the tow
> vehicle (all tow vehicle set ups not being equal)  If you make them a bit to
> long you can adjust the lenth so that they don't drag by simply twisting the
> chains a couple of turns.
>
> charlie

Want an easier way.
Make the safety chains adjustable. The ones on my latest trailer have
this feature. They are connected to the trailer using a chain clevis
with easily removable pin. Just pull the pin and slip it through the
link you want.
Oh and for the crossed chains there is an easy fix. Weld a loop under
the tongue for the chains to cross through.
--
Steve W.