[AT] Trailer safety chains?

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 26 06:36:31 PDT 2009

What is gvw of trailer??  That makes a difference on the size of chain. If
buying ready made, get them long.  If too long a couple of twists take care
of extra, a different tow vehicle may need the length. Fasten chains to
bottom of tongue and cross them ... works good and keeps you out of trouble.
I never got a ticket for having them crossed, but did for not having crossed
... depends on mood of cop, and how HE understands the law.

Paul - IN.