[AT] TMCOTKU tractor count is down by one.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 06:52:26 PDT 2009

I never really had a problem with the heat from the trannies. I guess
I just expected it as part of using a tractor. One tractor I liked a
lot was the IHC 300-U where you also straddled the tranny. I do though
seem to recall a hydraulic line coming back from the pump that really
would burn you. It also had the seat bolted down to the top of the
hydraulic system and that was pretty warm.
The hot tranny on the Deere crawlers was also between your legs as is
my Allis C and my MM-R. Even where you sit up high like on my Farmall
Super MTA  that platform gets hot enough to fry an egg when doing
field work.
-
At least on my TO-20 I can sit with my feet on the side pegs at the
front of the running boards and have plenty of space between my legs
and the tranny. On those Deere crawlers you just had two narrow holes
under the brakes and the clutch pedals to put your feet. The one good
thing was that without a steering wheel when it was bitter cold you
could stand up and warm your gloves on the muffler for a minute.  :-)

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"