[AT] OT... sort of

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Oct 18 19:44:21 PDT 2009

Excellent points!  At my age, not sure how many format changes I see in my
lifetime :)

Just as important as which format is currently in use is your method of
backups.  I am not paranoid.  Ok, yes I am.  In addition to having a Windows
Home Server backing up a nightly image of each workstation, I also back up
to an external USB drive with segmented day-of-the-week backups. Plus... I
also use rsync.net to nightly backup to an off-site backup facility.  That
has become so cheap these days (about 70 cents per month per Gigabyte).  So
with 3 layers of backups, I feel safe.

Thanks,

Dick