[AT] Estevan Model Engine Show: was Re: Thanks!

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Sun Oct 11 10:14:19 PDT 2009

Hello Ralph,
	I hope you can get more harvesting done this fall. Forecast for
Thursday in this area is +11C so it should head your way. Friday and
Saturday forecast is for warmer.
	I don't have any experience with flax. Is the moisture content as
important with flax seed as it is with cereal grains and canola?
	Do you extract the oil from the flax seed or do you burn the whole seeds?

	Looking at my home page <http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/> under
projects will give an idea what I do at home. I like building small
engines and make a lot of my own tools. I start from a drawing or
sometimes a only picture to make my own patterns to get the molds and
core boxes for pouring the molten metal into. At home, I cast zinc
alloys, aluminum, brass, bronze and cast iron. My equipment is small so
the largest cast iron casting I can do weighs about 16 lbs.
	I usually only simple patterns for the show although sometimes someone
brings in a pattern for me to try. The antique stove leg at the bottom
of page <http://users.xplornet.com/~rwenig/Home/pagefour.html> is an
example. The dark one is a cast iron original. The shinny one is the
aluminum one I cast. Sorry about the glare. I will only cast aluminum
for safety reasons at the show.
	Someone from ND is bringing patterns for a single cylinder engine to
the show this year for me to look at. I intend to try to produce an
aluminum casting from his patterns at he show if I can. This head has
water passages cast in so it will be an interest (for me) pour.

--

yvt

Rupert Wenig
Camrose, Alberta, Canada.