[AT] Thanks!

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Oct 8 12:24:06 PDT 2009

Larry Goss wrote:
> It just goes to show you that I have NOT learned all of life's
> lessons yet, Chuck.  In my heart, I would still like to be able to
> set a rivet on a sickle bar with just one blow rather than
> tick-tick-tick away at it for a half hour or more.
>
> Larry

What do you mean tick - tick - tick...

You want to do a NICE rivet set in a couple seconds?

Get a rivet header for your air hammer. I made one out of a POS chisel
that wouldn't hold up. Cut the shank square, then used a ball end cutter
in a Dremel to grind a nice cup in the end. Heated it red hot and oil
quenched. Works GREAT. Made a backer for it out of a chunk of rail iron.

I spaced a pair of holes so I can do both rivets in about 15 seconds.

--
Steve W.