[AT] Fuel Usage

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Nov 23 10:45:34 PST 2009

Here is what I do: I start the tractor and get it warmed and up to
speed, then I engage the PTO and get the generator up to speed and make
adjustments to the tractor throttle to provide the right voltage. Then,
and only then, I throw the transfer switch to take the house off the
commercial feed and on to the generator.

I would be very surprised if your average household would fully load a
12 kw generator, unless you have the well pump, the clothes dryer, the
furnace, and the electric stove all on at the same time. :-)

Mike