[AT] aid please

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Nov 8 03:31:55 PST 2009

Charlie:
Only real evidence I have is a friend has a MF65 & a MF35.   He bought
some Mobil 1 at a garage sale and use it in the tractors.  Oil pressure
was nearly nothing when they got hot and there was a knocking sound when
hot.  drained it and put in my 30 wt and never heard the knock again.  I
    read about the viscosity improvers and that seemed to make sense...
  Years ago we had a MF 50 diesel that had to have the bearings replaced
at 800 hours.  it had Mystic 20-50 in it.  Also just overhauled a
Wisconsin VH4D in a Bobcat and used 20/50 mystic and it locked up.  I
replaced the bearings and let the Wisconsin cool down and used 30 Wt in
both with no further problems.

Just my Experience..  I really think that 5w-20 in these newer engines
is just too light in the heat we get here in the southwest.  Might be ok
for the first 100K miles, but then they are too loose for the light stuff.

Cecil in OKla

Cecil in OKla