[AT] OT: Garmin Car GPS

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 7 18:21:55 PST 2009

I'm thinking seriously about getting a GPS for my truck.  Several instances
of poor/inaccurate directions on Mapquest this summer have sort of
"convinced" me to move into the 21st century..... ;)

I looked at a couple last night at Wal-Mart.  There was a $129 unit that
looked like about what I needed.  Is there anything I need to really look
(or watch out) for?  I don't want to spend a whole wad of cash on a tip-top
of the line model, just want to be able to find my way around....I'm not
really that brand-specific either, it's just Garmin is the brand I have
heard of the most.

thanks,