[AT] Tractor talk, Baling hay

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 27 07:26:04 PST 2009

My memories of the New Holland baler, a 270, was that you could not push it
or the knots would hang on the bill hook and then break the twine. Or else a
shear pin would break at the flywheel. It got so you drove by the sound of
the engine. If the old Cockshutt sounded to be opening up the governor a
little , then I knew I was  getting close to the limit.
Your uncle must have had a mighty strong shear pin in that baler.

Ralph in Sask.