[AT] A little Off Topic -amateur licenses

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Nov 27 06:23:31 PST 2009

Thanks Don,  I was aware of the license requirements and I've actually taken
serveral of the practice tests.  The Technician license doesn't seem
difficult at all.  I'm just not to the point of worrying about a license
yet.  I'm still trying to figure out if, in fact, the equipment will be
benificial to me.   I've got my scanner set on the local repeater and I
might hear 3 converations a day on there at most and most of the guys seem
thrilled to find one other station off somewhere they can talk to.  Of
course given a Katrina type of event where you find yourself in a proverbial
New Orleans where phones and cell phones don't work and there is no
transportation then any possible means of communication would be great.