[Farmall] 53 Chevy truck

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Mon Nov 9 12:15:06 PST 2009

One thing I would check is the gasket between the fuel bowl and the cover
to make sure it's not worn/cracked. Also check the fuel bowl cover to make
sure it's tight and not warped. Next check the fuel line fitting to see
that it's tight. You're probably loosing fuel through evaporation/leakage
if things aren't tight/sealed. If anything, you should see some wetness if
there is a leak path.

Also, I believe there could be an issue with the fuel line. If I remember
correctly, the fuel line had to be routed slightly above the top of the
fuel bowl, otherwise the fuel would slowly bleed down into the tank after
sitting for a while.

Carl Szabelski