[Ford-ferguson] Ferguson PTO Belt Pulley

Jim Peck @Yahoo jamesgpeck at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 08:57:22 PDT 2009

This link mentions Ferguson-Sherman Inc. What products did that firm sell after
Harry Ferguson, Inc. was formed to sell the 9N? Could the Belt Pulley have been
one of the products? "Through the Harry Ferguson Inc. enterprise, he sold
tractors and parts of equipments, among which several were produced by the
Ferguson-Sherman Inc." enterprise
http://www.fergiesfriend.supanet.com/history.htm

[Mike Sloane]The belt pulley that I have (somewhere in my barn) for a 9N
attached to the back of the rear pumpkin and covered the PTO shaft. As
mentioned, it could be put on in 90° increments - vertical or horizontal. I was
told that it came off of my neighbor's TO-20, and someone had managed to carve a
groove in the middle of it for use with a V-belt. We had one at the New Holland
dealership where I worked, and they wanted $40 for it!

You can see an image of mine at
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/tools__equipment/flatpulley1.html>

[Jim Peck] We know that Harry Ferguson was an early practitioner of the art of
outsourcing. I significantly doubt that the Belt Pulley sold by Harry Ferguson,
Inc. was manufactured by him. Does anyone know if the same Belt Pulley was also
offered for sale through Ford? If not, did Ford offer one?