[AT] 98 Dodge 3500

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Fri May 22 16:47:17 PDT 2009

I have a '98 Dodge 1500, 5.2 with 186,000 miles on it and it is still
running good.  I bought it new and only replaced the clutch a couple of
weeks ago.  The clutch still had many miles left on it and that is after
many miles towing trailers loaded with tractors and the last five years
pulling around a 7500# travel trailer from one end of the country to the
other.  The throwout bearing was shot though.  The last couple of years it
has more than the usual work needed.  Two years ago I replaced the Pitman
arm, air conditioner clutch and water pump.  Last year I replaced the upper
and lower ball joints, starter, brake booster, and cat.  This year I had the
rear end rebuilt in North Carolina and replaced the clutch.

All in all it has been a very good pickup.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU