[AT] Spam> Re: OT; News from Oklahoma

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Sat May 16 10:17:44 PDT 2009

I prefer extreme cold (I can always add another layer) instead of
extreme warm myself but this is where the job market took me a long
time ago.... and I don't have to work in climate extremes often. I
respect those who deal with Mother Nature and make a living from the
land. It can be an unrewarding experience sometimes.
    I did try a new "crop" in the "garden" this year. Blackberries are
said to grow here and I'm giving them a shot... they are growing like
crazy right now. The peak heat of the summer might be a bit much for
them but we'll see. A friend has done real well with grapes and I'm
probably going to plant some of those next year and replant the
ant-killed peaches. We also have citrus which isn't tolerant to a lot
of cold either. The pear trees are putting on fruit like crazy and if
they survive we could have some good eats in a few months. That's
about the sum total of my agriculture (other than regular visits to
Montana to visit the folks).

Stay warm. I wish I could send you some of this heat. :)

Ken in AZ