[AT] 98 Dodge 3500

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Sat May 23 17:03:40 PDT 2009

oldiron62 at gmail.com wrote:
> Ok this is what I find with scan tool, PO 753
> Shift solenoid A circuit Electrical .
> Autozone (where I borrowed the scanner from) said they could not get parts
> to fix. That it was internal transmission ?
> Kevin Mosier

P0753 - Shift Solenoid A Electrical / 1-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Electrical

I would suspect either the solenoid has opened OR more likely someone
changed out the fluid/filter and damaged the wires inside the
transmission. The common problem is a short in the circuit due to
internal OOPS when reinstalling the pan or filter.

The next is the connection on the valve body getting loose.

Not real hard to replace, while you have it open I would replace it and
the governor solenoid. Just a bit of dirt/metal/crud can cause them to
hang up.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1314663,parttype,8476

these are what the different ones look like.

http://info.rockauto.com/Airtex/Detail.html?2N1202.jpg
http://info.rockauto.com/SMP/SMPDetail2.html?TCS54.jpg
http://info.rockauto.com/SMP/SMPDetail3.html?TCS45.html

--