[AT] 98 Dodge 3500

oldiron62 at gmail.com oldiron62 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:17:24 PDT 2009

 First off I want to thank everyone for their help . Second I will try not
to get smashed in under this :-)
Ok I bought this thing in as is dead on arrival condition, clear tax paid
only clear title.
Not tagged or insured for the road, until I can find out the problem it will
stay this way. If it was tagged I would just run by the autoparts store in
reverse, see what the reader come up with.
I just thought that it runs too good in P + R for their to be much wrong.
This is where I ask yall thinking that someone has seen this before ?
It could be anything but probably electronic.
Kevin.
Doug, I can not see any wires in contact with the shift linkage when I was
under it.
Shift linkage hitting or pulling a wire harness?? If it was between rev
and drive, I'd maybe think engine twist causing something but there
isn't much difference between park and neutral except shifter position.
It may be real obvious with a scan tool, anything else is just a guess.
Doug T

Is the Check Engine Light on?
Steve O.
Yes but only when in N or drive123, not on in reverse or Park. Also
sometimes a Check Gauges light comes on in N and foreward.  While the engine
is struggling to keep on turning itself. Idles same as WOT and runs the
same, go back to park, r and engine straightens up instantly. Would a vacuum
leak only occour in N or D123, and not in P or R ?
Kevin.