[AT] OT Electric trailer brakes

Lew Best lew at lewslittlefarm.com
Mon May 18 19:54:55 PDT 2009

Hey guys

Anyone know anything about them?  I've had them apart several times on one
of my trailers; can't get it licensed until it passes inspection since it's
from out of state.  Ironically I'm licensing it as a farm trailer that don't
require brakes or inspection so this is a one shot deal (tho I agree brakes
will be nice) but can't get any kind of license without the inspection this
first time.

The coils have about 10 volts to them from the controller; checked each one
individually.  Magnets pull screwdriver to them.  I'm pretty sure the
controller's ok; brakes worked fine on another trailer I have last time I
pulled it (2-3 months ago maybe?).  Mechanisms seem to work pretty freely
expanding the shoes.  I adjusted them but they took very little tightening.
I tried driving it but they still didn't work.  There was a little
grease/oil on the magnets & armatures; washing them down w/diesel & drying
them good with paper towels is the last thing I've tried; dark caught me
before I got the last one finished.  If they don't work this time anyone got
any ideas?

Lew Best near Waco, TX

Please note new email addy

lew at lewslittlefarm.com