[AT] Spam> Re: OT--taped audio to CD audio??

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 30 09:12:20 PDT 2009

BINGO!  You said it well, Roy.  My only comment on the archiving concerns possible relevance and content of the materials.

We have a number of documents dating from Fort Delaware during the Civil War, one-of-a-kind publications from the early days of the Akron public school system, 200 letters written by first-generation homesteaders in Colorado, 100 volumes of daily diaries for the century from 1869 to 1969 in Colorado, etc.  The interest in these among researchers is a bit surprising.  The venues and specialty museums for these items are already in place.  Even the candid photos that I archived last year seem to have general interest.  The entire album dates from 1921-1928, and it documents what life was like during the Roaring Twenties in and around Boulder, Colorado.  For that purpose, it holds interest even if you don't know who any of the people are.  Five of the images have been selected for inclusion in a commemorative deck of playing cards for historic Boulder that is due to be printed this spring.

One of these days, I've got to pull out the Kodachrome transparencies that were taken when my grandfather purchased a mounted single-row corn picker for his 1927 John Deere D.  I think others on this forum would probably enjoy seeing them.

FWIW, Fort Delaware (Pea Patch Island) was known as the Andersonville of the North.

Larry