[AT] OT--taped audio to CD audio??

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Sun Mar 29 07:14:39 PDT 2009

Expert?  Not quite.... :o).

Audacity should do what you want.  (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).
I use it at my day job for recording events we have at work.  I have
also used it to copy audio from tape to CD at home.  Works very well.
This is open source software, so there is no (money) cost to acquire the
software.

If you are running windows, you can find the window based files at:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

If you want to create mp3 files, grab the lame mp3 encoder file while
you are there.  Install, cable as needed, and record.

As been noted in other emails, the PC hardware is usually not the best,
but depending on the tape quality, may not make that much of a
difference.  Just try it and see how it works.

Howard