[AT] OT--taped audio to CD audio??

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sun Mar 29 06:02:02 PDT 2009

People do it all the time, though the results are not always great.  Mostly it takes time.

Easiest it plug a tape deck into you mic input, and use a sound recorder.  Audacity is a good free one, free and fairly easy to use.  If you are not spending the money for a professional program it is the best.  It is important to get you volumn just right (levels in recording jingo)

And cd authoring program should be able to take the output of the above and create a new music cd.

If you want the best quality possible you can buy professional mic inputs.  Make sure you get something with firewire connections as that is much better for sound.  If you are spending the money for quality you may as well spend the extra $100 for firewire.   Audacity is able to handle most of these just great.

You have to decide if the extra quality of professipnal gear is worth the extra $500-1000.  Depends on your ears, and what you are recording.

It is a good idea for everyone to get this done soon.   I understand the last tape deck was made over a year ago (the mechanical guts, there is still inventory to put into what you see in the store).

Good luck.

John Wilkens <jwilkens at eoni.com> wrote:

>Any computer/recording ATIS "experts" out there that can tell me how
>to copy audio from a tape to CD disc?...or if it even can be done?    John W.
>
>                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon
>

>                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon

Sent from my Android phone with K-9. Please excuse my brevity.