[AT] : Re: Good tractor day

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Mar 4 03:49:27 PST 2009

I don't think anyone would disagree with what you said Ed.   However as far
as the Iraq funding goes, there was no secret that the funding was
previously taken from emergency funding and was not included in the budget.
The new adm. might not want to do it that way.  That doesn't mean the
previous adm. was lying about it.  Some folks just weren't paying attention.

When an emergency comes up, regardless of it being your car breaking down or
a country having to go to war, if there wasn't a budget already established
for the funding it has to come out of emergency funds by definition.  It's
only when you decide that it's going to be a continuing operation that you
put in as a regular budget item.  That in it's self says something.

Charlie