[AT] Row Crop

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 27 08:26:19 PDT 2009

We had a Ferguson 30on the farm along with a Minneapolis Moline UBUD
Special.  Both had to be changed twice a year.  And yes the Ferguson was
used for cultivating beans and corn with a three point twp row cultivator.
The Minnie had a front mounted four row cultivator.  The Ferguson was also
used for spraying and the Minnie for NH3 application.

We has liquid on the tires of both tractors.  One year my father was
changing the Ferguson rear width.  The Ferguson like the Ford you had to
take the rear tires off and switch sides.  My father was rolling one when it
fell over and pinned him against a tree.  No injury beyond a nasty bruise
but it took a while for him to out with the help of my mother.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU
New ruralize pages, follow the link off http://www.ruralize.com