[AT] mowers - ztr vs tractor style

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:34:35 PDT 2009

Phil, that's real interesting.  For kicks, I just visited the JD
website, and found they have a nice "selection tool".  You tell it how
many acres, how many obstacles, how flat or sloped the terrain, and
whether you need to handle snow or other garden-tractor tasks (which I
do not, as I have a larger Ford 1520 utility tractor for all of that).
 The selector brings me to a model X324 which is a 22HP, 48" cut,
4-wheel-steer garden tractor.  In order to force the selector to
suggest a Zero-Turn mower instead of the garden tractor, I have to
tell it my terrain is FLAT (where in reality I think it best matches
the "sloped/hilly" option, but not the "challenging" option).  I've
got a JD dealer about 10 miles from home, and a different one less
than 5 miles from work.  Hmmmm...

Steve O.

The JD tool brings me to a