[AT] mowers - ztr vs tractor style

Phil M. Vorwerk pvorwerk at newulmtel.net
Tue Jun 9 07:27:44 PDT 2009

I didn't see the original post either.

I don't know how large of a tractor style mower you are thinking of, but we
have had great luck using a pair of JD 425's with all wheel steer.  We have
a large area to mow, with a lot of trees and half of it with a pretty good
slope.  We debated the tractor vs ZTR style a bit, and the AWS style garden
tractors make a nice compromise, plus there are a lot of attachments
available (albeit expensive).  Very stable, comfortable tractors with
hydraulics and power steering, and about a 10" mowing radius depending on
the size of the deck you choose.

Phil
Courtland, MN