[AT] Case 380CK brakes

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jun 6 15:51:56 PDT 2009

Don Bowen wrote:

> Is there a way to clean the friction surfaces, and if not where can I get
> new material.
I don't know about anyone else, but I wash the brakes with gas or
kerosene  to get the oil out of the friction material. Then I set them
out in the sun to dry and finally use a propane torch to burn off
whatever is left. I don't know if that is the right way to do things,
but it works for me.

> Is there any good way to get the seals over the splined shafts without
> destroying the seals?
I suppose you can use a sleeve made from copper/aluminum flashing, but I
would imagine that a good amount of grease would work. Those seals are
pretty tough.

Mike