[AT] Trailer jack question

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 07:24:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Len Rugen <rugenl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a trailer jack that looks like the standard Bulldog round tupe
> a-frame jack.  It has the 3 hole bolt pattern, but they welded it on the
> trailer instead.  The jack is getting stiff, too much rain I guess.  I
> normally keep a can over the top, but must have forgot.  I've tried
> spraying lube down by the screw shaft but it's not helping.  I've
> wondered if I could drill a hole somewhere near the top to add lube,
> then put some sort of plug back in the hole.
>
> Has anyone ever found a way to lube one of these jacks?
>
> Thanks
================================

I had one like that and pouring oil down around the top did no good so
as you say I drilled a 1/8th inch hole in from the side just below the
top and started spraying and cranking. It loosened up fine and still
works freely.

--
Happiness is like peeing in your pants.
Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com