[AT] old Kubota

Larry Dotson larrydotson at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 14 08:48:27 PDT 2009

About 1983 John Deere made a contract with Yanmar to have them build the
compact diesel line for them. This contract forbid Yanmar from importing
their own line into the US. The volumes were so hugh that Yanmar agreed and
were no longer available here. about 2 or 3 years ago the contract expired
and some John Deere's used other brands of diesels. I did see one with A
Kubota diesel, but at the same time there was another diesel used but I
can't remember what make it was. My older brother was a Yanmar dealer untill
they quit importing into the US. Kubota is the largest diesel producer in
the word with Yanmar in second place. Both make excellent products.

Larry Dotson