[AT] MF 265 and brush hog question

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 14:42:19 PDT 2009

There are 2 considerations for sizing bush hogs... HP to do the cutting
and tractor lift / weight to haul the cutter.  3 pt hitch need a bigger
tractor than a semi mount or trail behind of the same size.

Check the ratings on the 265 lift vs. the weight of the cutter.  My
guess is that an 8' cutter might have too much weight too far away from
the tractor.  He could operate it like a semi-mount and it would
probably be OK, the problem is lifting the entire cutter, not just
carrying the front half.

A semi mount has no top link and usually a lift ram for the rear
wheels....