[AT] 98 Dodge 3500

Bruce Moden brucemoden at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 07:21:53 PDT 2009

I came in late on this problem, was it a shifting problem?  Dodge trucks had a lever on the side of the trans, on the outside, which would get rusted/corroded up & prevent shifting up in a normal manner.  I had a 93 Dodge Dakota with a snow plow that sat most of the summer, plowed fine, but on the road wouldn't shift up at normal speeds.  One national trans shop told me the trany was shot, took it to a local independent garage & 1/4 can of WD-40 & the problem was fixed.
Bruce