[AT] Polar Ice Caps

Mattias Kessén davidbrown950 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:47:11 PST 2009

If you do it like many people do here the risk of driving away with
the cord are much lesser.
Under the hood there's a branch that diverts electricity to an outlet
beside the feet on the passenger side. In this outlet you plug in a
heating fan. So if you don't think of why you don't have to de-ice the
windshield and why it's so warm and cosy you will at least hear the
fan.
This year I went even further and installed two of thoose expensive
fancy outlets at my barnwall that measures airtemp. So now all I have
to do is set the outlet for what time i plan to leave (real easy +-
buttons) then it decides when it's time to start to get everything
warm until I start. If I'm abit late it will continue some extra 15
minutes or so. The unit comes with it's own groundfault circuit
breaker (or whatever you call it). Oh and if your a bit unplanned you
can get 30 minutes of power by holding down one of the buttons for
three seconds. I have no idea of how i survived before :-)

Mattias