[AT] Polar Ice Caps

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Jan 14 16:51:59 PST 2009

Mike Sloane wrote:
> A suggestion: Whatever arrangement you make for a powered heater, put
> some kind of flag on the steering wheel or loop the power cord through
> the door handle or steering wheel. Otherwise there is the risk of
> driving off without disconnecting the cable from the heater. (Please
> don't ask me why I am making this suggestion.)
>
> Mike

Join the club. I think just about every member of our department has
driven off before the popped the cords. I am in the process of
retrofitting them with automatic cord ejectors. As soon as you turn the
power on in the rig they blast the cord out of the socket.

The units that are still waiting have a hook attached to the door
handles and the cord hooks there, you have to remove it to open the door.

Just make sure you use a cord that is soft, they come out in a hurry...

I have one on my POV as well. Not cheap but after you break a few
outlets and extension cords it's cheap :-)

--
Steve Williams
Firefighter, EMT, Fire Police