[AT] Polar Ice Caps

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 14 07:49:39 PST 2009

Mattias is that the water temp or the air.  I didn't make myself clear
before I guess.  The water in the gulf stream here is so warm even in the
winter that the surface air temps in the stream are 20 degs or more higher
than they are just a few hundred yards after you get out of the stream.  The
gulf stream is a wonderful "place" that everyone should visit once in their
life.

There is usually a lot of stuff just floating around there.  Everything from
Sargaso (sp) sea grass to sheets of plywood that fell off of ships.  I know
it sounds bad but the effect is that some species of fish lay up just under
that debris.  Particularly dolphin.  No not Flipper, he's a porpose but the
fish dolphin otherwise known as Mahi-Mahi.  Their skin is irredescent.
(sorry about the spelling.  no spell checker) and when you get in a school
of them close to the surface it is a sight to see.  Not bad eating either
and it's easy to catch them.  Another one of Gods amazing creatures are the
flying fish.  I've only seen them once but that day there were thousands of
them skimming over the surface like little birds.

Charlie