[AT] figured out a trick today

Lew Best bee_keeper at clearwire.net
Fri Jan 9 17:12:04 PST 2009

Hey guys

Working on an old backhoe I traded for & having to do some modifications.
One involved moving the gas tank & making some new brackets which required
putting bolts in & the nuts being inside a channel where I couldn't hold
them with anything but an open end wrench to start them.  my magnet was too
thick to go in; the channel shallow enough that a box end tilted the nut too
much, etc.  Tried grease but that didn't work well.  Then I hit on the idea.
I put a piece of strapping tape on the flat side of the open end & stuck the
nut to it; bingo!  Worked perfect.  I think that stuff will stick TIGHT to
most anything.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

Lew Best near Waco, TX